It's been a crazy few days, Michael and I are just sitting in our room chatting with one of the other interns, Tote. It was a really good idea to move the couch into our room! We spent most of the day Downtown. Michael helped out with the younger youth at HTB and I helped out with the 2-3 yr olds... wow! They have so much energy, wish I could bottle it! We had a Student Conference yesterday and there were people who had come out for the day from Poland and Holland, Egypt, Brazil... it's pretty cool when you get to meet so many different people in such a small amount of time.
Yesterday in the late afternoon Michael, Tote and I slipped out to the Museum of Natural History... we saw dinosaurs (ok fossils and skeletons of them) and lots of other creatures, some mammals. It would have been great to see more of the exhibits, but we'll have to go back another time. It's really pretty inside.
Today, after we had a bite to eat, Michael and I went to Harrods.... ah Harrods. What an incredile retail experience. If ever a bar was set, it's never been higher than this. I couldn't believe the amount of staff that is so visibly present and literally waiting to serve. There are beautiful galleries of absolutley every designer you could hope to see. The home fashions are extensive and there are even exquiste antiques available... player pianos, guitars, a full HMV...it was really cool, better than I thought it would be. If only we had money... (I know I have no need of anything they could offer me, but it's great to look around)
Yawn.... I'm so tired now, we didn't sleep very well, the police came and knocked on our door at 4:30 this morning... mistaken address, you just got to love that right? So that was how the day started, it's been a good day though, a full one, but why not try to squeeze as much life as you can into a day?
No comments:
Post a Comment