Michael and I actually have a whole day off today. We slept in and had a late breakfast with our family from New Deli... 2-1/2 yr old Rachel is becoming my new friend. She always comes running over whenever she spots us at events and we take turns sneaking up and tickling Michael and she just squeals when he tickles her!!! She copies everything I say with a cute little accent. She calls Michael and I her brother and sister (in Hindi) We've played with her on and off today, anytime she sees our door open, she just comes right in and we laugh and play. She and I count to 20 (in English) and we mostly communicate non-verbally.
I was able to take Michael to the very nearby shopping today. I can't believe that there are so many great shops so close by (about a 15 min walk away) Today we bought a mirror b/c I'd been doing my hair and make-up in a very small compact mirror. (Imagine the results using such a tiny mirror!) So it's been a good day... so nice to just do what we want (that may sound selfish but it's been insanely busy since we got here and Michael will be helping at one of the 7 services tomorrow, so even Sundays aren't entirely free :)
We're going to have a nice Steak and Mushroom pie for dinner tonight and later we'll have some brie which was so stinkin' cheap, you would not believe how cheap the cheese is here, and it's GOOD cheese too!!!
Well that's a quick catch-up on the life over here. There are a bazillion details in between, but it's so nice to just relax and stay close to "home" for a change.
No comments:
Post a Comment