October already... Michael and I are sitting in our warm and dry room, escaping the sideways falling rain that quickly soaks your jeans and causes them to cling to your legs, making you much colder than you should be, the London weather has finally decided to show itself...
To say that we've been busy seems like a gross understatement and it just doesn't give an accurate account of what life looks like day to day. I started a new job at HTB last Tuesday, and I have to say that the rest of the week vanished into a flurry of activity, sometimes even in our relaxing we are not completely still. There is always something that we are doing, even if it's reading a book.
Yesterday marked the 1st day of Theology School for both of us and it was incredible and there were close to 200 people attending! The speaker was exactly what you hope a speaker is like and it is very difficult to put into words how gifted and extraordinary he was. It reminded me of Tauernhof ...and of feeling more alive and intune to what you are learning, to be aware that your thoughts are reaching and stretching and all the while feeling excited and moved and at the end of it , changed. I would have happily listened to him all day, he was that good.
After the class was over, the majority of us interns and wives went to one of the houses where some of the interns are living and we had a nice, lingering lunch and afternoon, just chatting with one another and learning more about eachother away from the context of all the Internship stuff. It was really good. There are so many beautiful people in the world, some of them are here in London with us. Some of them are back at our respective homes, supporting us while we live a bit of a dream that seems to have been created in God's own heart...
Although the days are full and life is fast and busy, there are still many moments in the day where I find myself thinking of home and the people I love who are there. It's been a while since I've been away from home and I don't find it entirely easy that I have a few more months until I see those faces again. Maybe that's why it's so important to make friends with the people you meet along the way, they ease that sense of home-sickness and make what could otherwise be unbearable, enjoyable. What a gift friendship is.
Michael and I are looking forward to heading north next weekend, we will finally see his mom and dad and Ken! We weren't sure when we would get to see them, but it'll be sooo good to be together for a bit and then we will go up into the Lakes to see Dave and Elsa and the girls. A much needed change of pace, even if it's only for a weekend.
I start another new job tomorrow so I think I better get to bed at a sensible hour which means fairly soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment