Our trip down here from Blackpool was great and we encountered snow in a few places too. I never thought I'd see snow in England. It's been exceptionally cold here for the last week or so. Thick frost and snow in some places, lakes that have thinly iced-over. It mutes the deep green of the rolling hills and farmer's fields, looking more like icey, sage-green or the soft colour of lambs-ears (the plant.)
Julie has just come home from work and we are going to have a nice dinner together when Phil gets in. I have to say that Michael's family has been so kind and accommodating. They opened their homes to us so many times and have been so good about all of our different dates and times. We've been really blessed. Phil has just arrived now, and dinner is in the oven. One more meal here in London to close the chapter before we make our way back to Canada. Can't wait to see everyone and catch up on eachother's lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment